Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Micro SD Card getting all the updates.
Micro SD Card getting all the updates.

1483 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2018-09-03 14:51:46

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ScottyB
    2018-08-25 16:01:22
     I backed up my 906BT to a Micro SD card. I removed the card and installed a blank one to increase memory of the device for pictures and such. I noticed that new software updates are being installed to the Micro SD card and not the device. How can I stop that?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-08-29 05:08:25 (Reply to:ScottyB)

Safely Unmount the external SD card and remove it . In a little while with an internet connection , you will get a notice of an update for BMW, etc and just re-download it to the tablet. Don't have the SD card in the tablet if you are updating.
      From what I understand is once the system is updated to a higher numeric level than when the Scan Folder was made at an earlier time when the system version level was at a lower numeric number , then the backup scan folder will no longer work. I did my back up of the scan folder to a 32 gb USB thumb drive a couple weeks before my updates expired  , and it took a good 6 hours of time , and I wrapped a large block of blue ice in a towel to keep the tablet cool against it.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ScottyB
    2018-08-31 20:50:35 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks for replying. I don't understand your second paragraph. I copied the update files from the scan folder on the micro SD card to the device replacing the older folders. I then removed the card. I'd like to be able to use it as storage on the device not for updates. The settings for storage on the device indicate the path as storage/emulated/0/download, which is the device, but the updates are going to "1" which is the micro SD card. 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ScottyB
    2018-08-31 21:59:10 (Reply to:ScottyB)
     Addendum: I just received a call back from AES Wave where I bought the 906BT. As per Autel, there is no way to prevent updates from downloading to the micro SD card if it is in the unit. The Maxysis software is written that way and is not affected by the device settings in ES File Explorer. They recommend that you leave the card out and when the device memory fills up, archive files that are not needed (photos, reports) to the SD card and remove it again. 
    This is why I bought it from AES Wave. They respond when Autel will not. I have had an Autel ticket on this for about two weeks and no response.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-09-03 14:51:46 (Reply to:ScottyB)

Autel seems to believe that making the forum very hard to use and providing little or no support for it's products will force it's customers to spend more money closer to desired suggested retail  for the product to be able to get support from the Retailers that are willing to provide support after the sale.
      As far as backing up the scan folder Autel did some sort of System changes that after your free update period is over  the scan folder backups that were done earlier, when you had an older system version (Lower numeric system  #. Newer system versions are often not backwards compatible with older system backup.Your Tablet after free update period will deny you authorization to access older backup software you try to install if you ever had to reinstall backup software! Idea being if your software gets damaged it forces many to buy a update or replace the tablet. 
  Total1 Pages